Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nemesis, Thy Name is Vanilla

On Saturday I went to weigh in. Usually, I have a pretty good sense of how these things will go, I normally know when I will be down, and, if I look through my food journal, I for sure know when I will be up. This week I thought for sure I would be down. Alas, that was not the case, for I stayed exactly the same.

Upon refection, however, I really shouldn't have been so surprised. It may have had something to do with the fact that most of my activity consisted of walking the dog, the chips and ice cream I had on Friday, or the fact that I went from eating no fiber for five days to a decent amount of fiber, which brought everything to a GRINDING HALT. I will not elaborate on this last point because it's icky.

The question is, what now? Well, the first thing I have to do is stop bringing large containers of ice cream into the house because it's delicious and calls my name and I cannot resist it. I know this about myself, and have known this for a while, the only reason I continue to do this, frankly, is because I'm an idiot. The second thing I have to do (and have done for the past two mornings) is get up before the girls, go to the ellipse and get in a sweaty workout. I really hate sweating, so this one will take more effort. The third thing I want to do this week is to break out the yoga DVD I bought forever ago and, I don't know, maybe ACTUALLY DO IT.

As for my goals last week, I actually did pretty well. My water consumption was okay (though clearly not okay enough), I was active everyday but Sunday (though clearly not active enough), and the sodium thing, I'm pretty sure it's been taken care of.

On the whole, I feel good about the week ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blue Boy French Vanilla I could understand but not today's ice cream. It's nowhere near as creamy and delicious. And while I'm at it, did I mention that coke used to taste better and french fries and...everything except family ribs which have kept their flavour.

Hang in there.

Greg