Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On My Needles - Christmas Edition

For the past few months I have been hard at work making some gifts for a few people. It's only been a few because I knit very slowly and I didn't want stress myself out with too many projects. Now that I am becoming more confident in my abilities however, I find myself planning for next Christmas already. But enough of the future, here are some goodies I gave away this year.

 This scarf I made for my mom. Unfortunately it is too itchy for her to wear on bare skin. Must remember baby alpaca is a no no for next time.

 I found this purple malabrigo in the summer, and knew it would be perfect for my sister. It took me a long time to find the perfect pattern though, and I started knitting this baby 3 days before Christmas. This is the Kiwi hat and can be found on Ravelry.

 This cowl was made specially for my sister in law Tarra. I chose a simple pattern to show off the hand spun, hand painted beauty of this yarn. This "cowl'd and frosty morning" pattern is on ravelry as well.


Up next, knitting wise - mittens! January is National knit mittens month, and while I usually scoff at such things, I love knitting mittens and already have three pairs ready to go. Now I just have to dye that farmers market wool.....

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Your mom can't handle baby alpaca? That really sucks. I've always thought it was some of he softest, nicest stuff ever. My friend Kristine calls it "knitting with baby angels massaging your fingers". :) Hopefully you can find something more to your mom's liking - does she have problems with all wool/animal fibers or is this a first?

Cara said...

It is really soft, but my mom is really sensitive to wool. I think the cashmere/silk blend I found yesterday will be more up her alley.