Saturday, November 13, 2010

French "Fridays" With Dorie: Potato Gratin

I'm just going to put it out there, I love potatoes. It does not matter how you prepare them, they are wonderful. When you prepare them this way however....I have no words. I took Dorie's suggestion in the book and added some bacon and onions between the layers, and you really can't go wrong with layers of bacon, potatoes and cream....you just can't.

 I tell you, this is heaven in a pie plate.

The people hosting the potluck I brought this to are lucky it arrived intact.

4 comments:

Flourchild said...

Heaven in a pie plate is a great way to desribe this wonderful cheesy PG recipe! I made this one too and actually doubled the recipe. We had company and everyone loved it. I had two ladies ask for the recipe! I love your pie dish!

odessa said...

That looks so delicious!!!

Di said...

I'm with you--I love all things potato. That's a lovely pie plate, and the contents look wonderful, too.

PattiCake said...

Came over from FFwDorie to check out your potato gratin and ended up reading all of your posts. Great blog!