Sunday, November 14, 2010

Two weeks

It's been two weeks since I started my 100 day challenge, and so far so good. I have been doing mostly yoga and walking, and I have to say I have already noticed a change. Not so much in my waistline, although I have lost a bit, but mostly in my attitude. I have been more cheerful, calm, balanced and patient. It feels really good, now that my quads are getting used to the new routine.

The thing I found really funny about this challenge is that after the first five days I was way more sore then I was after biking for 160km. Seriously. After two days of grunting every time I sat down I decided to take an Aleve. The next morning I was fine, and have felt great since then. Aleve is magic, and my new best friend.

The plan is to keep on with the yoga, and as my strength and balance become better I think I will take a couple classes. As for the walking, as I get stronger, I may just have to start running, again, without all the injuries of course.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Good going! I think yoga was probably the hardest thing to overcome - mentally first, then physically for me. Keep at it!