Thursday, November 4, 2010

On My Needles

A little over a year ago I learned how to knit, and since then I haven't looked back. I love knitting, and I love that I have at least one hobby that cannot be consumed. This is what I'm working on this week.

 This is a skirt my eldest will be getting for Christmas. The last row is taking forever. To give you an idea, it takes an entire 50g ball of yarn to do 1 inch. The last row has to be 4 inches.

 This is the very beginning of a tiny pair of mittens for my youngest. I am using a brand of yarn called Noro. I am in love with it because the colours are awesome, and you never know what they will do next. The mittens will probably look mis-matched even though they are from the same ball.

In order to keep the peace I am also knitting a skirt for my youngest for Christmas. For both skirts I am using the Comfy Worsted cotton yarn from Knit Picks. It's great to work with but is also machine washable, which is very important in this house!

No comments: